Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

This is protection?

After a series of carjackings involving cars driven by women alone in Judea and Samaria, local females have taken to putting a mannequin dressed as a soldier in the passenger seat to ward off the terrorists.
The dummies are supposed to give off the impression that the women are not traveling alone but with a soldier, thus reducing the chance of carjacking.

Over the past few weeks at least one crime ring has been operating across the West Bank, targeting Israeli cars while the drivers were still inside. Police have said that 13 such incidents have taken place in the last two weeks; some in Hebron and others in the West Bank.

In all incidents the method used was similar: A a vehicle would rear-end the woman's car and after she got out, the car was stolen from her at knife point.

Monday saw the arrest of a 23-year-old Palestinian while he was trying to steal a car from an undercover policeman near Qalqilya.

Miri Weitzman, a resident of one of the nearby settlements whose car was stolen 10 days ago said that "I was coming home from work, suddenly a white car with a yellow (Israeli) license plate passed me and blocked the road. I understood something bad was happening but it all happened so fast.

"I called my husband as two young men came out. One of them broke the window next to me, the other opened the door, grabbed my phone while screaming at me with an Arab accent 'you want to die?' and he threw me onto the road," she noted.

"Then they got into my car and left me with nothing, without a car or a phone or even the ability to contact anyone." She was alone in an isolated location in the dark.

"Luckily, my friend came by in a car and just rescued me," Weitzman added. "I just stood in the middle of the road waving my arms. I was questioned for several hours the following day and was told that the police consider it as a very serious crime and it is being investigated," she said.
This is protection? Where is the IDF?

Apparently, the IDF is not there, and the Shomron regional council has taken to having men drive a kilometer behind the women just in case. Lovely. Of course the IDF probably couldn't do a whole lot anyway because of the no fire rules.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Anti-Hijacking Devices: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Presenting the Flame Blaster. 'DIY Kebab'



http://transportation.frost.com/prod/servlet/market-insight-top.pag?docid=JSAA-5NCK62&ctxixpLink=FcmCtx25&ctxixpLabel=FcmCtx26.

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Where is the IDF?"

Where did you think they were?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google